24 February 2012

Bath Time!

Homemade Bubble Bath Recipe
1/2 c. Liquid Castille soap (I use Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild)
1 T. Vegetable glycerin
2 t. White sugar
15 drops of essential oil (I use tee tree oil for it's antibacterial qualities)

Combine everything into a small bowl and stir well. Transfer to container with lid (I use an old rinsed out body wash bottle) and let sit for 24 hours before first use.

Viola, burbujas caseras!!  


Background
As I mentioned in my "Welcome" post, I began my adventures in homemade home and body cleaning products with the less scary and more immediately needed, bubble bath. After locating some ideas online and giving my recipe a whirl, I noticed that although there were a few less bubbles in the tub, the kids' (and my) skin felt softer than after previous baths. The kids noticed nothing, except Joaquin who had seen me making the bubble bath the previous day. He declared it the best bubble bath ever because I made it and he loves me :-) Needless to say, I felt GREAT about my bubble bath! So I now have no future plans of spending $10 on 12oz of Burts Bees bubble bath when my kids are just as happy with my homemade bath that costs pennies on the dollar.

1 comment: