31 October 2012

Nothing like a Clean Toilet Bowl…


Simple Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Baking Soda
Distilled White Vinegar

Sprinkle baking soda around the inside of your toilet bowl being sure to get the “dry” parts and to sprinkle some in the standing water.  Pour some (about ¼ cup) vinegar into your toilet bowl.  Watch the fun fizzing action, and then use your toilet brush to scrub around the inside of your toilet!



Background:
I like a clean toilet.  In fact, I clean my master bath toilet almost daily- yep.  I’m not quite so diligent with the other toilets in the house, but I do get to them at least once a week.  Having said that, you can imagine that we used to go through A LOT of that Lysol toilet bowl cleaner gel stuff…

I like that this recipe keeps my toilet just as clean, and is non-toxic!  I do not have to worry about children getting in the way of my cleaning (yes, once as a toddler, Joaquin stuck his hand in just as I was pouring cleaner into the bowl…).  In fact, it won’t be long before I feel they are old enough to clean their own toilet bowl!



Additional Notes:

The first time I used this recipe, I actually measured out ¼ cup of vinegar just to get a feel for the amount.  Now I just pour in what “feels like” a ¼ cup and my toilets are still clean!

I went to the dollar store and bought the little green basket and sugar shaker you see in the photo above.  I got the little bottle of vinegar from a grocery store.  These three items are found in each bathroom save the half bath downstairs because that one is right next to the pantry where baking soda and vinegar are always handy.  I find that having the materials you need to clean the toilet so handy helps me get the job done more often and faster!

When I don’t have my multi-purpose spray bottle handy, I often wet a bit of toilet paper with some vinegar and wipe down the toilet seat, just to finish up the job!

I buy vinegar and baking soda in bulk to save even more money and because I use so much of it to clean the rest of the house.


To learn more on the effectiveness and antibacterial powers of vinegar and baking soda, visit some of the following links!



http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4597302_vinegar-work-as-cleaner.html



No comments:

Post a Comment